Monday 9 November 2009

The True Face of Britain

This is how we treat Asylum Seekers in this country.

LINK

Compare this with the situation a single mum from Sittingbourne now finds herself in through no fault of her own.
Is it any wonder people who are not naturally rascist are turning to the BNP?


From: xxxxxxxx
To: wyattd@parliament.uk
Subject: housing benefit sittingbourne
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:08:20 +0000

Dear Mr Wyatt,

I am writing to you for your help as I am desperate. I am a 27 year old single mum with two boys aged 9 and 6 and have worked since I left school and recently through no fault of my own due to ill health lost my job. I have never had to claim housing benefit before so was not sure really of what I had to do.

The help and advice was non existant to be honest, I had to visit there and ask every detail of what I had to do as they just assume that you know what you are doing. I first applied on the 5th October and had my form returned in the post a week later requesting more ID etc. They require an original child benefit letter which you receive when you first have your child so my last letter 6 years ago. It took 3 weeks to wait for this letter and with the post strike 3 weeks for bank statements. After weeks of phoning and attending the office I have now been told I am entitled to £137 a week housing benefit and my rent is £685 a month leaving me a £140 a month short of my rent.

When I first moved back here after fleeing from domestic violence I was homeless and after having been to see the housing officer Marylin Harding I was getting no where. I found a job and a house in 10 days not from a job centre but off my own back and was advised by Marilyn that I was to look for a house for maximum £675 a month in case I ever needed housing benefit. I have been told because I do not have enough children I am only entitled to 137 a week. Enough children? no wonder people who claim housing benefit pump child after child out.

I suffered a miscarriage in september and my doctor has signed me off sick with anxiety and depression since. I am not asking for your simpathy i know this happens to lots of women , I just want you to understand the affect this is having on my mental state having to beg the housing for help and then being told to find £140 a month rent. I suffer severe anxiety attacks and attending the housing office is very stressful for me. I am now on antidepressants but this stress is too much for me , I can not cope any more. Also to be told I do not have enough children is slightly in sensitive to somebody who has had a miscarriage.
For the two weeks I claimed JSA before starting work I have never been paid as the day they wanted me to sign I started work and they would not let me sign at sittingbourne and told me to be at sheerness between 9 - 5pm which was my working hours and I do not drive so could not go in a lunchbreak. So they closed my claim.

I ask myself why do the governmnet make my life so hard? If we were immigrants my children would receive £25 a week pocket money to learn how to use the currency do you not think english children would benefit from having money and learning the value.
When I moved here I had no choice but to apply for a crisis loan for the first months rent and furniture. I was ashamed I had to do this and regret the fact that I bothered to do so. I applied for a cooker, a fridegfreezer and a washing machine and beds and something to sit on. I was given the first months rent which I was extremely grateful for but told £50 each would cover 3 beds and 3 mattresses. Where? in the local papers second hand ones arent that cheap! I was told I had no right to a cooker, fridgefreezer or washing machine as they werent essential to live with. What exactly is essential to live with then? I also had to borrow more money to provide my boys with a school uniform each as that is not an essential either.

Why do immigrants get there houses paid for and are provided with all domestic appliances? They have never worked here and paid there national insurance and tax like me so what have I done wrong to make the state hate me so much.

I explained to the council I could not find a house for £540 a month and the lady said no there is none! in the same breathe told me to move out and find a cheaper property!

My situation now is simple I have to find £140 amonth for my rent or be made homeless, which means my boys will be uprooted again and will have to leave another school and we get to live in a dirty hostel in margate. So please help.

When you are at home tonight and you get yourself a cold drink from your fridge to have with your dinner that was cooked in your cooker and you sit in your clothes that were washed in your washing machine at a nice table before going off to your nice warm bed please think of this.

I take my washing over to my mums on sheppey (thank god for my mum because I could not afford a launderette.). I have to keep milk in my garden. My children have to live on microwaved food which they eat on the floor as we have no furniture. And when your stretching out in your bed tonight please think of me asleep on the floor unable to sleep through stress.

My question to you is please could you ask the government if I use my benfit to pay
1. The rent
2. The gas
3. The water
4. The electricity
5. Food for my children

When they have decided whats more important for me to pay please let me know asap and I would like to thank the government for providing my children with an awful christmas ( especially after what they have been through) and to praise them for all the mosques they will continue to build and the wonderful islamic cultural centre in sittingbourne next to the catholic church(nice). Also for giving all council houses and rent payments to immigrants and £100 a month pocket money to there children which ironicaly enough would nearly pay my rent! I have worked in schools for the last 3 years and see how much is spent on foreign children with translators from SENCO and they get there uniforms paid for!

I owe my children such an apology for making them in England and for not having at least 5 of them.

Please advise

Yours sincerey

Name Withheld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments